Changes have been extensive from v1.0 tightening up vanilla aspects to bring SoC parity with CS and CoP somewhat. Full list of changes below.
1. Remade by hand alpha channels for a substantial amount of textures greatly improving their rendered appearance in-engine.
2. Vanilla SoC fixes: New normal and parallax maps for surfaces that don't have any at all but should.
3. Further vanilla fixes: Textures that had normal\parallax maps but by default aren't assigned now are.
4. Even higher resolution textures for some surfaces to compensate for how the GSC devs scaled the texture to the surface it is assigned to.
5. Significantly cleaned up and brand new Parallax maps so surfaces only have the details parallaxed that should be, avoiding depth inaccuracies and errors and correcting the "goosebumps" look on many surfaces.
6. Added a fake Phong reflection effect for human NPC visors and goggles.
7. Integration & balanced customisation of SRAP v1.2a (I've patched the issues it had).
8. Diversified human and mutant NPC behaviour.
9. 4K human NPC textures.*
10. Added news system to inject some Zone and story tidbits that can be found.
11. All stashes are now populated from the start of the game. In other words, if you find a stash, you can loot it no longer will it be empty until you find the right infoportion and meet the right "criteria".**
12. Select document textures have been replaced so they are now actually readable if you zoom in on them.
13. Includes the script fix where I forgot to remove my testers script for the v1.0 release.
14. Added the ability to find out some interesting stories from at least most NPCs (should be all) so the SoC story isn't so... anemic.
15. Ported part of the SIN rep system, over time, based on your actions, NPCs can change their attitude toward you.
16. Punishment for cheese loaders; after a while partly used ammo clips will mount up so when reloading you'll be using partly used clips.
17. All weapons now have real world names and I have ported SIN bullet ballistics - no more pumping 3+ mags of body shots with FMJ rounds at near point-blank range on more heavily armoured NPCs. You'll need maybe 1.2 - 1.5 mags now. Beware NPCs with AP rounds and high caliber rounds. NPCs aren't pushovers anymore.
18. All weapons have had their accuracy stats changed to much more closely match real-world characteristics.
19. Ported dynamic lighting from SIN.
20. Other small necessary fixes.
*AHD v1.4 will fully pivot to being as original X-Ray (1.0) friendly as possible. This means "out of the box" it will include the 2K vehicle and NPC textures to stay as far within around that 3.5GB memory limit as
possible. This means the 4K vehicle and human textures will be available as separate additional downloads. The visual difference on NPCs is barely noticeable, made 4K textures more for those that don't know any better.
**This is not a cheat, map markers won't show up until you get the right infoportion but if you find a stash before that it will be populated not just empty. You might experience minor lag when you first talk to Sid as this is when this code activates.
That's about it for this release. I expect a minor issue here and there might need patching as AHD v1.4 is a fair bit more complex than v1.0 but you'll all certainly be able to immerse yourselves in The Zone truly with this build ;o)
Finally, here's a few screenshots for something to sink your teeth into.
This is a gamedata folder for S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl v1.0006 with the max weight limit already set to 10000kg, in case you do not want to...
Unofficial patch for 1.4005 Lost Alpha DC to 1.4006, aka Gameplay DLC 1.6.1 with PRM weapon pack. The main innovations of the Gameplay DLC are the new...
Unofficial patch for 1.4005 Lost Alpha DC to 1.4006, aka Gameplay DLC 1.6.1 without weapon packs The main innovations of the Gameplay DLC are the new...